Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I'm getting the exact same problem. I'm running Gentoo have a KVM (unsure on the brand, but to swap machines i press scrolllock x2 then esc) and a logitech cordless ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I'm getting the exact same problem. I'm running Gentoo have a KVM (unsure on the brand, but to swap machines i press scrolllock x2 then esc) and a logitech cordless keyboard. I would love to know if anyone finds a fix. I've noticed this seems to happen in console mode aswell as X so I presume it's not the xorg/xfree config file.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twink
    I'm getting the exact same problem. I'm running Gentoo have a KVM (unsure on the brand, but to swap machines i press scrolllock x2 then esc) and a logitech cordless keyboard. I would love to know if anyone finds a fix. I've noticed this seems to happen in console mode aswell as X so I presume it's not the xorg/xfree config file.
    Yes, while at first I thought it was just X having trouble with the key strokes, I too did experience the problem occasionally on the console.

Just Joined!
    I updated from a 2.6.9 kernel to a 2.6.11, I haven't got the message or problem yet although i haven't been using this for very long so hard to tell. However I did notice that I can now use "setkeycodes e061 X' where X is some number (still not sure what to set it to) where as before e061 was considered an invalid key number by the program.

So it's looking good so far, I also realised that I've been running a Linux box for sometime and can't remember having the problem more then say 3/4 months ago, so I'm thinking it might have just been the kernel i was using.

Just Joined!
    I have a feeling its still happening just not as often now, although I haven't sat down and used the box for a long period of time recently.

Just Joined!

Still here with 2.6.11

so to eliminate the darn error messages I just did this:

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local I added

setkeycodes e061 254
    setkeycodes 68 254
    setkeycodes 65 254

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2