Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey,, I have just installed Fedora Core 3 on a second PC that has an Allied Telesyn AT-2700 series NIC in it.. however, the drivers available on the Allied Telesyn ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Allied Telesyn AT-2700 / AT-2450FTX - Driver for Kernel 2.6?

Hey,,

I have just installed Fedora Core 3 on a second PC that has an Allied Telesyn AT-2700 series NIC in it.. however, the drivers available on the Allied Telesyn website only go up to a 2.4 kernel. I tried to recompile the source code that comes with the driver, but to no avail - a friend who is well versed in Linux tells me that 2.6 is too different to 2.4 to allow that.

My question is, does anyone know of a way to get the 2.4 driver to work or a source of where I might get a 2.6 compatible driver? The card has an AMD PCnet chip on it and it, and kudzu detects that, unfortunately it doesnt work though...

I also have an AT-2450FTX, but i have the same problem with that as they use the same chipset and as such use almost the same driver.

Many thanks in advance from a total Linux newbie!

Just Joined!
    What chipset does it use? The Linux Ethernet Howto mentions some different (older) Allied Telesyn cards, and they all use different chipsets. I know this might not help much. Just a thought.

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/...O-4.html#ss4.4

EDIT: Nm. Re-read your post and found the chipset. Did you try the pcnet32 driver from the kernel? Does Slax or Knoppix detect and use this card?