Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I've installed SuSE 9.2 (the DVD ISO), and after installation, I have some problems. First, the display gets warped and off-centered when I set the display to 1280x1024 24bit. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video Card and Printing Problems in SuSE 9.2

Hello

I've installed SuSE 9.2 (the DVD ISO), and after installation, I have some problems.

First, the display gets warped and off-centered when I set the display to 1280x1024 24bit. Im using a Nvidia GeForce 5200 and a 17inch monitor that supports this resolution as it works in Windows and SuSE 9.1 Personal. Also, the Nvidia drivers for 3D acceleration (the linux drivers from Nvidia's site) failed to work.

Also, I can't get my Lexmark Z23 USB printer to install. The printer drivers from the Lexmark site don't install properly (they don't on every distro I tried...the same file required is always missing...). I tried the Lexmark-Foomatic kit, and that also failed with the error something like:

cannot load foomatic-kitload...

SuSE knows the Printer is there, and also can correctly guess it's name.

I'm on the verge of finially being able to replace my Windows desktop, but I need these critical devices to work first.

Thanks for your help!

try Linux Printing they may be able to help you out with installing your printer, i know it did for my HP PSC1205 (which on the box says won't work with linux, but does!)

If you click on 'Printer Listings' on the left, then select the make and model, it should be able to get u a driver for your printer!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327