Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys, i'm a hardcore linux newb, and i recently installed SUSE 9.2 on my laptop i've been slowly getting things to work, but this one has stumped me. I've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

edirol UA-1A & sound

hey guys, i'm a hardcore linux newb, and i recently installed SUSE 9.2 on my laptop i've been slowly getting things to work, but this one has stumped me. I've found several posts concerning the UA-1A spread across several forums, but thus far have found nothing particuarly relevant to my problem, which is that when i boot with the usb device plugged in, my system seems to recognize that it is there, but two things go wrong. First, kmix displays a mute icon, and when the mixer window is opened there is basically nothing, just an empty pulldown window. And the second is that despite this i still get at least some sort of sound out of the UA-1A however, it is somewhat soft and is pervaded by a loud repetetive 'static' not quite like white noise. Obviously i dont know much about linux so i'm not really sure where to start. i have alsa ver 1.06-8 on my machine, but i am unsure as to wether it is even being used, or even how to update it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

what ia a UA-1A?
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org