Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
well you could cp(copying) the xorg.config from one of the 2 working distros on that same box! and if that dosnt fix it then something is real screwie!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

well you could cp(copying) the xorg.config from one of the 2 working distros on that same box!
    and if that dosnt fix it then something is real screwie!
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Quote Originally Posted by loft306
    well you could cp(copying) the xorg.config from one of the 2 working distros on that same box!
    and if that dosnt fix it then something is real screwie!
    I tried that and it didn't work, but hey, guess what...

IT'S HANDLED!!!!!

I put in install disk one and went through the whole re-install process and when it got to the part about hot-plugging, a light went off. Maybe hotpluggin just didn't get set on the last install for some reason although I know I chose it.

Anyway, I noticed when I did lsmod after this, there were far more modules listed. I also found it strange that I was able to access my external Western Digital HD the first time I installed, but along with the mouse problem, I kept getting, "not a valid block device" when trying to mount it after the second install.

My mouse was frozen after I ran through this install/upgrade, so I abolished the symlink from /dev/psaux to /dev/mouse

and did
    ln -s /dev/input/mice /dev/mouse

And all is working perfectly in USB!!!

The problem was hotplugging was not operational. I want to thank you guys for helping me out with this! I wouldn't have come up with a solution without your input!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

er.....
    and thanks for finishing your thread with what the solution was
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2