Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just installed fedora core, and I am kinda newbie to linux generally. Everything seems to work fine, except my internet connection. Fedora doesn't seem to find my modem, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    tbl
    Just Joined!

modem configuration

I have just installed fedora core, and I am kinda newbie to linux generally. Everything seems to work fine, except my internet connection. Fedora doesn't seem to find my modem, and it just makes up a "standard" modem which doesn't work when connecting to the net.

Does anyone here know how to make my modem work? I have a Creative Modem Blaster v.92 PCI . I have heard that sometimes it is hard to make modems work in Linux? But since people have used to Linux for ages, I guess someone of them have been on the net? .

I have 2 network cards on my machine, which seems to work fine if that does matter something.

Well I preciate some help here, and thanks in advance.

Tommy

Just Joined!
    I'm also a newbie when it comes to Linux, but yeah Linux has trouble with a lot of Win modems

Just Joined!

creative modem are WINmodem!

Greetings there,

the link is here for ess modems..
    http://wettstein.homelinux.org/ess/

for beginging from the very scratch, check out linmodems.org.

linux does have troubles but with closed standards, anyways you might find a generic driver for your modem.
    i have a Creative Modem Blaster V.90 PCI DI5655. it did not work with fedora! i tried a lot to find drivers for this modem . i did find one but that was for kernel 2.2 i don remember whether it worked successfully with kernel 2.4.

hope that helps.

regards,
    rohit.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    tbl
    Just Joined!
    That's true Benny 8909.

Thanks for the info rohitsz, I will try it out and hopefully I will find a solution for my (and maybe other people's) problem.

Tommy

tbl
    Just Joined!
    I have made the ModemData text file, and I have tried to send it to discuss@linmodems.org 4 times...but it has rejected all times. And there is a different error every time, and last time my mail had bounced back to me because og invalid e-mail address.

I have tried to search elsewhere for answer to my problem, but with no answer. Well not an answer that can help me out. It seems like I have to make my "WinModem" to a LinModem, but I don't know what to install/fix.

Is there anyone else that can help me? My modem is listed earlier in this topic, and if it is wishable I can share the ModemData info file with the person who can help me. I just wanted to learn to use linux

Tommy

Just Joined!
    you can find these drivers on this links:

http://wettstein.homelinux.org/ess/
    http://tx.technion.ac.il/~raindel/

regards,