Find the answer to your Linux question:
my winmodem is not detected by SuSE 9.1 pesonal edition, so i need some drivers for it, right? problem is i cannot find any drivers for my modem that work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

modem drivers?

my winmodem is not detected by SuSE 9.1 pesonal edition, so i need some drivers for it, right? problem is i cannot find any drivers for my modem that work with Kernel 2.6. drivers for 2.4 and 2.2 are easy to find, but Intel don't provide the ones i need. can anyone help me?
    my modem's chipset is Intel® V.92 Modem Chipset, the chip number is MD5628D-L-B.
    thanks for your help.

Linux Newbie
    If it's a winmodem don't bodder. Buy an external modem.

Just Joined!
    that doesnt really help me does it? i dont want to have to buy a new modem, first i'd like to try and get my current one working - is that so hard to understand?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    try www.linmodems.org they have a range of linux drivers for modems which work under windows. My Lucent 56K Winmodem happily works under both Morphix and Mandrake 10.1.

Before downloading drivers, check the make of the modem chipset. If in doubt, email your modem vendor for the specific chipset. In my experience, most of the modems I have worked with are using the Lucent chipset.