Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm pretty certain this card won't give any problems, but thought I'd check to make sure before purchasing. I do play games on line and with Cedega. Would this be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Gonna buy a new Nvidia...

I'm pretty certain this card won't give any problems, but thought I'd check to make sure before purchasing. I do play games on line and with Cedega. Would this be a good video card for the money?

http://www.d-compute.com/product_inf...ducts_id=25938
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux User
    Check some reviews, I think you'll get much better performance with a 6200 at a lower price point. The 5700 was the low end of a generation that flopped for Nvidia. There are AGP 6200's now, so there's really no reason to fall back on last gen. Heck, even the 6600 AGP is right around that price.

As for BFG, it's average, certainly better than XFX (a PCChips brand). Personally I'd be looking at the likes of Gigabyte, Albatron, Leadtek, Gainward, Chaintech; Asus is also always great but pricier. BFG is fine, though, if you just want a simple reference design.

I hope that helps
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

Very much! Thank you!

Edit: I found this one for $145.00. What do you think?
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here