Find the answer to your Linux question:
I really need to get a wireless keyboard and mouse set for my Suse 9.2 box. I was wondering whether any of you guys could recommend any. I have been ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Suggested wireless keyboard mouse combos for Suse 9.2

I really need to get a wireless keyboard and mouse set for my Suse 9.2 box. I was wondering whether any of you guys could recommend any.

I have been looking at the logitech dinovo set as it looks pretty stylish and has more of a laptop style keyboard (which I prefer). But it also has a whole bunch of windows-oriented media keys which probably won't find any use on my linux setup.

So, would I be wasting money on the logitech? Is there a better product to go for? Are they all much of a muchness? Would I be better getting an extension for my keyboard cable?

Thanks,

Mark

I use a Wireless Kb/M combo from Belkin and I have no problems. A friend uses Microsoft and his keyboard seems to go haywire at certain moments in linux.

I would recomend that you do not go for the cutting edge stuff in order to make sure that it works smoothly under linux.

None of the Media Keys on my Belkin work under linux and I have no need for them under windows also.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK
    ...I would recomend that you do not go for the cutting edge stuff in order to make sure that it works smoothly under linux...
    I've just bought a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. It has a single receiver that plugs into the teo ps2 ports. It works a treat. Of course, as with all keyboards these days there's a bunch of "media" keys that I'm not in the slightest bit interested in, but that's par for the course.

The best thing to do is to keep it simple. 30 quid for the set can't be bad.

Mark