Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well first off hope im in the right section of the forum, so if me is not. Anyways I am trying to figure out how to have all my system ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hard Drives

Well first off hope im in the right section of the forum, so if me is not. Anyways I am trying to figure out how to have all my system stuff on one hard drive and have all my user stuff on another hard drive. Like how would I keep /home on an hard a diffrenet hard drive. Then lets says I want to reinstall linux then can I implement me already /home from the other hard drive into the new install?
    I am running Fedora Core 3.
    At the moment I have one hard drive paritioned half ext 3 and other half ntfs. Looking to add another hard drive tonight.

Re: Hard Drives

Quote Originally Posted by natefico
    Well first off hope im in the right section of the forum, so if me is not. Anyways I am trying to figure out how to have all my system stuff on one hard drive and have all my user stuff on another hard drive. Like how would I keep /home on an hard a diffrenet hard drive. Then lets says I want to reinstall linux then can I implement me already /home from the other hard drive into the new install?
    I am running Fedora Core 3.
    At the moment I have one hard drive paritioned half ext 3 and other half ntfs. Looking to add another hard drive tonight.
    If I understand your questions correctly the answer is yes you can put your user directories/files on the second hard drive which will be /hdb....

I have a similiar setup in that on my second drive </hdbx> I keep copies of my /usr files, email, etc. In otherwords I'm using as a backup.

If you need some basic info on how linux normally sets up their partitions there are of course many sites with info. This link is one example http://www.hewett.co.nz/linux/begin1.html
    registered Linux user #388382

Have you checked here first?

Just Joined!

Say...

Say I add another HD tonight how would I switch /home to that harddrive?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close