Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been lurking around for a while, but I'm still not sure of one thing. That is, how can I support SD card encryption on SuSE 9.1? Is it possible? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SD Cards

I've been lurking around for a while, but I'm still not sure of one thing. That is, how can I support SD card encryption on SuSE 9.1? Is it possible? If so how?
    Thanks in advance

It would help me if I knew what the heck a SD card is, and why have you been lurking around here for awhile?
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829

Quote Originally Posted by zeeone
    It would help me if I knew what the heck a SD card is, and why have you been lurking around here for awhile?
    An SD card is a type of flash memory that some Digital cameras use, kinda like MMC/CompactFlash etc.

As to how to encrypt stuff to it, i am not sure. can you encrypt the files on the computer then copy to the SD card?
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Oh a Ram disk/thumb disk and whatever they call em things. I see no reseason why you can not do this. They work the same way as a floppy/CD/HD do for file storage. I have seen some with encrypted folder space ready to go on them, password protected encrypted, nonencrypted. You may need to find the software that will work under Linux with the card, but yes it can be done.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829