Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have some artic thermal adhesive and I need to know how to apply it and if you're suppose to put on any thermal grease prior to doing it....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Artic Silver adhesive

I have some artic thermal adhesive and I need to know how to apply it and if you're suppose to put on any thermal grease prior to doing it.

I assume you are trying to apply this to your cpu or graphics card vpu. make sure the surface is fairly clean and free of any grime. Then lay the Artic Silver down in a smooth layer over the surface. Heres the way i lay Artic Silver and any other thermal compund down:
    > place a small amount in a dish or flat vessel in a line
    > get a small skewer (you know the thing they make kebab out of) or old credit card/drivers licence/library card etc. (use the small edge)
    > using one of these uniform surface, dip into the compound lightly and then spread over the cpu or vpu.

Yes I did a similar thing, except that I placed it straight onto my CPU core and spread it around with the end of a ruler.

Silver arctic compount is fantastic. It reduced my CPU temp by about 5-10 degrees C. Under load my CPU now gets to the mid 40s in temp.
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi