Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need to replace my current vid card (Matrox Millennium 2) with something ALOT better. My mobo supports 8x agp. What woul be my best choice without spending a ton ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need vid card suggestions

I need to replace my current vid card (Matrox Millennium 2) with something ALOT better. My mobo supports 8x agp. What woul be my best choice without spending a ton of money.

i would suggest nvidia as their drivers are more advanced than ATi's, and are a lot easier to install, and setup the card for X.

I personally bought (a few weeks ago) an Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 for 35GBP, it has VGA out, DVI out, and also TV-out.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!

thanks

I have heard alot of good things about the nvidia drivers for linux. Thats is probably what I am going to do then. Plus the cards are not that expensive.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Yeh, i think (at the moment anyway) that nvidia cards are the ones to use on linux. My bro has an ATi, and he's thinkin bout changin it to an nvidia, even tho it's a reasonably good ATi, but he says that with a worse nvidia he could get better performance purely cos he can get it to work properly lol
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327