Being a newbie it is a thrill to post a solution I found for my own problem. It might not be the best but so far it works.

I had this strange problem with my logitech internet navigator keyboard where everything worked fine under SuSE 9.2 except the key "m". Shift "m" was fine and CapLock-Shift-"m" gave me the lower-case "m" when I needed it but that was pretty anoying. I don't think this problem existed after installation of SuSE (4 days ago) but it might of appeared after installing the Nvida driver. I tried all sorts of changes to language, keyboard settings using YaST and SAX2 under kde with no luck. Finally I commented out everything in /etc/ XF86Config under Section "Inputdevice" "Keyboard". X of course did not start and gave me errors when I tried to restart the session. But that helped me figure out the very bare necessities needed in that section. So I ended up with

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "kbd"
Identifier "Keyboard[0]"
# Option "Protocol" "Standard"
# Option "XkbLayout" "us"
# Option "XkbModel" "logicink"
# Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
EndSection

So with only the Driver and Identifier X started fine and all the keys work! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! see!

What I don't know is if this has buggered up something else but all is well so far. I guess I'll post here again if something else comes up.

Cheers!