Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI, I am a newbie in Linux, I rcently installed Red Hat Enterprise over AMD 64 - Socket 939 on MSI 480 motherboard but it is not detecting the onboard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

AMD 64 - Socket 939 on MSI 480 motherboard

HI,

I am a newbie in Linux, I rcently installed Red Hat Enterprise over AMD 64 - Socket 939 on MSI 480 motherboard but it is not detecting the onboard soundcard. Please suggest..

Thankx
    Asheesh

Sure. I can help with that. It only took me 5 mins to get my sound to work.

go into the terminal and enter............

/dev/sndstat
    This should show you the status of the sound card and let you configure the sound card installed on you're mainboard.

Just Joined!

Re: AMD 64 - Socket 939 on MSI 480 motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by asheesh1_2000
    HI,

I am a newbie in Linux, I rcently installed Red Hat Enterprise over AMD 64 - Socket 939 on MSI 480 motherboard but it is not detecting the onboard soundcard. Please suggest..

Thankx
    Asheesh
    I hv tried /dev/sndstat but it says that no such device found,, moreover when in GUI mode I manually tried to detect the sound card , it says
    "sound-0 slot-0 not found". I guess it is because I hv the latest motherboard from AMD , can be a reason it is not detectable.
    PL. suggest do I hv to make manual changes in the config files or something like that ,, or is there any third party tool/rpm I should try..