Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Fedora Core 3. My Lexmark X5150 USB AIO printer has been detected, but the distribution ships no driver for it. I didn't find any help on http://www.linuxprinting.org ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No driver for Lexmark X5150 AIO anywhere

I am running Fedora Core 3. My Lexmark X5150 USB AIO printer has been detected, but the distribution ships no driver for it.
    I didn't find any help on http://www.linuxprinting.org, as the printer is not even listed under Lexmark's printer list, though it provides advice on selecting a new printer, which is not what I'm looking for.
    Lexmark's site didn't provide any help also, because it recommends to develop my own driver (btw: I am not a developer, just a simple home user trying to get my work done on my desktop PC).
    I am not planning to throw the printer away (like someone on another forum suggested me to do). It is an awesome printer and it works fine when connected to my Laptop, which runs Windows.
    Does anybody know how to get the printer to work under Linux whithout having to dive into any obscure technical printer protocols?

Thanks.

It is a all-in-one unit, Good luck finding any drivers, for any brand name all-in-one unit, to work under any distro.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829

Just Joined!

Good luck arriveth

While you were at the airport, your ship came in ... the Brother MFC-440CN multifunction works. I haven't used it for all the functions, but printing & ink detection are fine.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close