Find the answer to your Linux question:
I cannot find a driver for this card. I am using fedora core 3 and I need a driver for a D-LINK DWL G520 Rev B wireless card. I've been ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

D-LINK DWL G520 Rev B

I cannot find a driver for this card. I am using fedora core 3 and I need a driver for a D-LINK DWL G520 Rev B wireless card.

I've been searching google for a few days now and nothing has come up. THe DLINK web site is of no help because hte link they give points to a project that has died and has no drivers anymore.

If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it.

You should probably look into ndiswrapper. That's what most people use to get that card working under Fedora.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/ndiswrapper/
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Cool Wireless & Fedora/Redhat

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect
    I cannot find a driver for this card. I am using fedora core 3 and I need a driver for a D-LINK DWL G520 Rev B wireless card.

I've been searching google for a few days now and nothing has come up. THe DLINK web site is of no help because hte link they give points to a project that has died and has no drivers anymore.

If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it.
    Good luck with anything Redhat based. No offense intended but I have never had luck with wireless and those distributions. Check into NDIS wrapper at " http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/" , Mad Wifi at "http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/" , and if you do not mind spending 20 bucks for a permanent license, try Linuxant at "http://www.linuxant.com/company/". Linuxant has alot of downloads for drivers and such so take a good look there. Other than that, SuSE is your best bet. Complete wireless ease. SuSE has been a dream to use with wireless cards and anything Nvidia as well. Please use the regular SuSE. I have tried the Open Source one and had no luck there. I also have had some luck with Kubuntu. Also, the Xandros Desktop 4 will be out in the near future and has conquered that problem as well. That is my 2 cents. Good luck.

So maybe I need to be a little more clear with regard to the posting from "Beagle2". My intention is to point out that not only are alot of people not programmers but alot of them do not want to go through the hassle of trying to download and compile Kernels, drivers, and others neccessary items. The point that I am making is purely this, SuSE from Novell, is one of the best, if not the absolutely best distribution out. Not only do they have a ton of apps, from programming, office, and internet items to Games of all sorts, including a varied list of around 46 games, which half are all 3-D, they also have the absolute best hardware recognition, installation, and configuration, hands down. They do not talk smack about B.S. that they really do not provide, like some others which I have tried. I am not a programmer and if I were, I would put forth the effort to help change the lacking of support. If you claim the fame, you had better back up that "Our distribution is the easiest and best" talk that is thrown around so much. I have even called for support or questions and not had to pay for support, nor have I had any kind of condescending open source junkies talking down at me as if I am an idiot for not being a programmer or because I do not have the experience with Linux. I am not bashing, nor do I intend to offend anyone. LOL to anyone with enough guts to try Linux or any system that is not on the Mainstream path. My hat is off to all of us. Regards. :7)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Use the method described in the install windows driver here http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...p/Installation to find out which chipset you have. Different methods may work depending on whether you have acx111, atheros or whatever and dlink use many different chipsets for cards with the same id number
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

DeX
    Just Joined!
    And what about mandrake/mandariva drivers ? does anibody know ?

Quote Originally Posted by DeX
    And what about mandrake/mandariva drivers ? does anibody know ?
    Actually, Mandriva has been pretty good about wireless. I have the Atheros AR5212 chipset and some others in the AR line, so I have been fortunate that Atheros has been pushed so hard. "madwifi" is very easy to install. Download the tar.gz file from madwifi.org, extract it, go into that folder and open a terminal, do su to get root authority, do make, do make install, do modprobe ath_pci, and you should only have to go into the network config to set your settings like your ssid and such. Just make sure what you have first before downloading. There is always a compatibility list or supported hardware list so always check those when possible. I keep seeing people pushing ndis like it is still the bomb but realistically, things are changing and Linux is becoming a front runner and gaining much needed support from the larger companies like Adobe, and from companies that deal in Linux and BSD servers like iXsystems, out of California.
    Really, I use PCBSD everyday as my main OS but still beta test for XandrOS and have several operating systems in action so in using the various systems, I have had to learn a lot more about Atheros than I ever planned but it pays to play and learn. If you want to try something new, try PCBSD. If you have Atheros as your chipset, it is easy as pie. If you decide to try, post it and I will return with how to.