Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I have an Athlon 64 PC running Fedora Core 3 for x86-64. This computer has a Radeon 9600XT, and I am having trouble installing it. I tried the DRI ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems with Radeon 9600 on FC3 X86-64

Hi
    I have an Athlon 64 PC running Fedora Core 3 for x86-64. This computer has a Radeon 9600XT, and I am having trouble installing it.
    I tried the DRI drivers from freedesktop.org for the Radeon, they compiled fine, and since then I couldn't run and GLX/DRI application, because they say that libGL.so.1 could not be found. It exists in /lib, /lib64, /usr/X11R6/lib and in /usr/X11R6/lib64. I have no clue as for why it happens.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    It seems like the problem with the video driver is caused by the fact that the libGL.so.1.2 is 32-bit and not 64. At first, I thought about modifying the freedesktop.org package to compile to 64-bit, but I soon realised the file was not included as source. Does anyone have any info of how I could recompile it to match the freedesktop.org driver, or to compile the entire driver myself?
    Thanks ahead.

Just Joined!
    Hi
    I got the 3d driver working, using the official ATI driver. I don't really care about 2d acceleration, so I'll leave it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close