Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't get any sound from my computer, I am not sure if the sound card is not working or if it s part of the motherboard, but can I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Sound Card Promblem

I can't get any sound from my computer, I am not sure if the sound card is not working or if it s part of the motherboard, but can I get sound back on my pc

Yes you can. It's most likely not a problem with the sound card and defiantly not the mainboard. The Linux operating system just didn't detect the sound card and therefor didn't create a driver. Try to put into the "terminal"............

Code:
    /dev/sndstat
    It will show the status of the sound card and let you configurate the sound card for you're computer. If your's isn't listed try using ESS from the list and if that doesn't work just tell me which sound card you have and I'll find a driver.

Linux Enthusiast
    Well I can't get windows to detect my soundcard

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Okay so this is a windows computer right? Tell me the type of sound card you have and I'll find the driver.

Linux Enthusiast
    The type of sound card is an audio pci, it is part of the motherboard, or I think it is part of the mb, anyways I still can't get any sound, I have reinstalled several times