Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. I just recently installed SuSE Linux on a computer I built. (Although it is not the first time I have used Linux.) I have a problem though, first ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Graphics Card and Audio not listed in SuSE linux 9.0 Prof.

Hi everyone. I just recently installed SuSE Linux on a computer I built. (Although it is not the first time I have used Linux.) I have a problem though, first off, the computer doesnt detect my graphics card, an ATI Radeon X700 Pro, secondly, my card is listed as VESA Framebuffer Graphics and lastly, when I go the the selection of graphics card for ATI, mine is not there. I have already downloaded the newest ATI Driver for Linux ( I know it is the right one. ) and installed it and I know it is compatible, it says so on ATI's and SuSE's websites. The computer is running in horrible colors right now ( Toolbars a mix of Purpble, blue and green in strands, letters covered in static, ETC.) and images are barely visable.

I also have the same problem with my Audio, I have nForce4 Audio and the selections are only up to nForce3!

I would also like to note that I bought the SuSE Linux 9.0 Prof. in 2003, do I need to update the selections? Where would I do so?

What do I need to do to solve this?

Just Joined!
    I REALLY need some help here.

Please help![/b]

Just Joined!
    WHY DOES NOBODY EVER ANSWER ANY OF MY QUESTIONS!?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    *Bumpzors*

Just Joined!
    ATI cards have horrible linux driver support. Maybe this is why everyone is so relucatant to post anything. Notice in this forum a sticky for a petition for better ATI Drivers!!!

Wish I could help more, but I am a bit new to linux myself.