Find the answer to your Linux question:
I live in the middle of nowhere and therefore don't really have a whole lot of options in terms of printers, so here's my question, do any of these work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Recommend a Printer

I live in the middle of nowhere and therefore don't really have a whole lot of options in terms of printers, so here's my question, do any of these work with RedHat EL 3/CUPS?

HP PSC 1315 (Preferred)
    Canon Pixma MP130 (Preferred)
    HP Officejet 4215
    Epson Stylus CX4600
    Lexmark X4270 (Rubbish, but if it works, I don't care.)
    HP Officejet 4215
    HP PSC 1610
    Lexmark X2250 (Once again, rubbish)
    Lexmark X4270RFB (Go rubbish!)

If not, could you recommend a printer that isn't Sony or Lexmark that costs less than $130.00? It doesn't have to be a good one, I probably won't have it long anyway, just so it works.

Linux Guru
    HP supports Linux better than other printer manufacturers. The most commonly used HP driver was released as open source. To encourage peripherals manufacturers to support or continue to support Linux, we should give them our business. Besides, HP makes good printers. When purchasing any printer, it's important to consider the consumables: cartridges or whatever, in terms of useful life, availability and cost of replacement and other issues. Inkjet printers should not be left un-used for more than a week or two at a time or the jets may clog. With most Epson printers, that could be a big problem because the jets are part of the printer. In most HP printers, the cartridges are a little more expensive, but that's because they include the jets built in. My printer is an HP 870Cse that someone had discarded. I replaced the cartriges and it works great. The driver allows lots of latitude in preferring higher quality or high speed of output. Steer clear of Lexmark: people have reported problems in getting it to work with Linux....

Post #1000.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the link. I found the perfect on here.
    Epson CX3200, CUPS=Perfectly, SANE=Good

There it be.