Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have the P4T533 Motherboard with a Raid Max 668 Case and I can't get the connectors to seem to work....well maybe just a vital connector. I get green light ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Motherboard Connectors

I have the P4T533 Motherboard with a Raid Max 668 Case and I can't get the connectors to seem to work....well maybe just a vital connector. I get green light on the motherboard, but the power switch connector has to be in the wrong place because when I push the power button nothing happens. I've looked at the diagram and check for bent pins and I've turned the connector around, but no dice. Could the diagram that came with the motherboard be wrong and I have to just check all the pins or what?

flw
    Linux Engineer
    System boards are DC not AC. You may have fried your board by reversing a connector by using the incorrect interface. I hope for you I'm wrong.

If your puttting this system togther from pieces you should have recieved a electronic layout drawing with the pinouts on it for the system board.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    I highly doubt that I fried the Motherboard. I have the diagram with where the front panel connectors go, but I'm thinking that it could possibly be wrong. I've brought my case and all to my local computer Guru, so I may very well have the problem worked out by Saturday when next I head over there. Since we've got the worse case scenario labled what else could possibly be wrong?

Linux User
    This should be what's in your manual, but just to confirm...

panel connectors
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Just Joined!
    Yeppers I do have that information, but mine is better because it's in blue. The ATX Power Switch should be where this lil green and black 2 pin wire labeled "Power SW" should go correct? Doesn't work for me and that's the problem.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    sounds like its time to call the mfg tech line for clarificaion then. Would be the first time I've ever installed someithin where the instructions where wrong.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    The Guru says faulty power suppy. He got it to boot to the BIOS, but it's only deteted my video card one time and he thinks that even that was a fluke. More tests will be run to verify information. That is all carry on

Just Joined!
    Well looky what I found online....

http://www.asus.com/support/download...delName=P4T533

Now if you would please click the light blue "more" button under the 1006 filename you will see the #1 problem that they have fixed that I am having.

Class Dismissed