Find the answer to your Linux question:
A friend of mines has just purchased one of these and wants to use this with linux, and I've tried the default eciadsl-driver but it says modem not found when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Zoom 5510B ADSL Modem

A friend of mines has just purchased one of these and wants to use this with linux, and I've tried the default eciadsl-driver but it says modem not found when I run eciadsl-start. I've selected the correct modem so I'm not sure what's wrong.
    Anyone got one of these that can help? And, unfortunatly he can't get a router because he only has one PC and doesn't see the point in splashing out for one.

Just Joined!

zoom adsl modem drivers

Use the Sagem F@st 800 E2T drivers from the sagem website. This is the one I use, but I have to run eagleconfig everytime I switch on the PC or reboot.
    The link below is for newer drivers that have apparently addressed this problem, I will download & try these when I have 5 mins (I'm new to Linux & have to concentrate). Heres the new link:

http://dev.eagle-usb.org/wakka.php?wiki=EagleUsb211

Hope this helps I spent hours searching the net.

Linux Newbie
    Thanks a lot! It works perfect!

Linux Newbie
    I seem to have another problem now... I just installed SuSE 9.3 and the driver.

It synches fine and startadsl brings eth1 up, however eth1 isn't getting assigned an IP address. Anyone know whats wrong?

(using BT Broadband).