Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to get my ATI Radeon 9250 PCI BUS 256 MB DDR graphics card working on Redhat Linux (9 I think). I have found multiple walkthroughs for similar ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems with Redhat and ATI Radeon 9250 installation

I am trying to get my ATI Radeon 9250 PCI BUS 256 MB DDR graphics card working on Redhat Linux (9 I think). I have found multiple walkthroughs for similar things but nothing specific to redhat or the 9250. What I have done so far is to download the proprietary driver from ATI and I ahve installed the RPM using force to install it over the mesa RPM. I also removed the mesa RPM (which I now realize might have been very stupid). I think I also need to mess with the xorg.conf file(maybe). The error i get while trying to install the rpm is as follows:

You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license and it has unresolved symbols. The module may be trying to access GPLONLY symbols but the problem is more likely to be a coding or user error. Contact the module supplier for assistance, only they can help you.

I have also read in some places that I may need to get linux kernel header files and compile those into the kernel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a complete Linux newbie but this topic could get over my head quickly so the more basic your steps for helping, the better. I can handle overly detailed steps better than vague steps. Thanks a lot for you help

Just Joined!
    i think i am having a similar problem.. i too have this card and i am trying to get it working with Fedora Core 4.. i cannot seem to get ATI's drivers working so i am going to be waiting for livna's drivers from yum.. at the moment i'm back using fedora's genetic drivers that only seem to get me around 200fps !!!?

Brads

Just Joined!

Try UNB 5.0

Hi Guy's

I have had similar problems in the past,
    The answer is get a better kernel, package, .....
    And why not try the new UNB, based on RedHat and support by Novell
    God Luck

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close