Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, my first question in a looooooooong time! Not sure if anyone will b able to help, but here goes! I have a WinTV Card (as mentioned in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hauppauge WinTV Primio FM

Hey guys, my first question in a looooooooong time!

Not sure if anyone will b able to help, but here goes!

I have a WinTV Card (as mentioned in the subject.)

I have the bttv drivers, and tvtime and gqradio installed, and they pick up signal fine.

The problem i'm having is with the audio aspect of the device.... i cant get ANY.

I think the problem is actually with the device rather than my sound card. My reasoning:

the TV card has a Line-Out on it, which loops back to my Line-in on the sound card.

I have plugged earphones and speakers into this, and got nothing out. I have also tried playing with the mixer settings to no avail.

Can anyone think what i could do?

I notice that there's a 'tuner' module been loaded with the bttv driver, but how do i access this as i have a feeling this could be the problem.

Cheers.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

you can fiddle with the various modules during loading (modprobe etc.). You can adjust the card and tuner number and various other bits and pieces, which can, of course be put into the /etc/modules.conf (or whatever it's called now).

There used to be some info about this in the kernel source sub-directories, under, I think, /video4linux . It gives the various card numbers for the various cards and tuners (if they are not correctly autodetected).

Have a look at your "dmesg" to see what is being autodetected.

One thing on the audio, all the correct mixer sliders are turned up, aren't they?

have fun

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

Quote Originally Posted by Nerderello
    One thing on the audio, all the correct mixer sliders are turned up, aren't they?
    i have tried turning EVERYTHING i possibly can upto max, and still no luck

however, i am now thinking it MIGHT b the card that has a problem. I booted back to windows last night, and couldn't get any sound out of it.

Maybe it's something i'm doing. I'll have another play tomorrow and see what happens!

Cheers anyway.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327