Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
its got to be a bug in the pannel application, I dont think i can be of much more help beond sugesting a different window manager :) What program are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

its got to be a bug in the pannel application, I dont think i can be of much more help beond sugesting a different window manager :)

What program are you using to adjust the bass/trebel? if its xmms then that will only work on mp3s not ogg or anyother sound, try beep-media-player which is a fork of xmms and can do all that.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by variant
    its got to be a bug in the pannel application, I dont think i can be of much more help beond sugesting a different window manager

What program are you using to adjust the bass/trebel? if its xmms then that will only work on mp3s not ogg or anyother sound, try beep-media-player which is a fork of xmms and can do all that.
    thanks for all the help and advice you've given

my whole music collection is mp3's...i've used alsamixer to try to adjust the bass/treble and i've tried xmms, but neither of them did anything...though it looked adjusted, it just didn't sound like it

i'll give beep-media-player a shot

can you recommend any other small, adjustable window managers? i'd like to keep it quick but be able to customize it some too. is there a site that compares them, like distrowatch does with distros?

Linux Engineer
    the rox desktop is small, fast, configurable and pretty too..

http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/

in fact, i would say that its the best desktop available for linux and certainly rivals the best microsoft **** in terms of ease of use (unlike kde/gnome which seem to _complicate_ even the simplest tasks with icons and menus etc).

Definatly worth checking out.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by variant
    the rox desktop is small, fast, configurable and pretty too..

http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/

in fact, i would say that its the best desktop available for linux and certainly rivals the best microsoft **** in terms of ease of use (unlike kde/gnome which seem to _complicate_ even the simplest tasks with icons and menus etc).

Definatly worth checking out.
    it looks nice...i've never heard of it before, but i'll definately try it.

thanks a lot for that suggestion...looks like a very nice window manager

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3