Find the answer to your Linux question:
I flashed my PCChips m748LMRT v3.3 BIOS to the last update which is 010213.rom and I still cannot upgrade the CPU. It will only work with the Celeron 500 mhz ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can't change voltage

I flashed my PCChips m748LMRT v3.3 BIOS to the last update which is 010213.rom and I still cannot upgrade the CPU. It will only work with the Celeron 500 mhz processor it originally came with. The only thing I've noticed that I cannot change is the "Hardware monitor" settings. It's always set to 2.0 v and I cannot change it even though the manual says I can. The options are in a darker text and I cannot go down to change them. When I press F1 for help it gives me the option menu with no options. Can someone please help me?

Also there is no jumper on the board that controls the voltage.

First off, could you keep this subject in one posting, so that I can keep up to date with your adventure!
    Now, #1 Is your MB a revision 3.3? If not, you are wasting your time with the BIOS update. It clearly stated this fact at the download site.

#2 Did you even take the time to e-mail PC Chips to ask if this MB would even support what ever you think you are doing?

#3 The "Hardware monitor" is what it says it is, an monitor, as in it is telling you what is the present state of the CPU in use,

#4 The voltage will change if the BIOS supports the CPU in use. So now that puts you back to #1 and #2.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829

Question............

Are you stalking me? I figured I'd put it into a different context after no one responded to my other thread and also focus primarily one the fact that I couldn't change the voltage. I just noticed that I couldn't change it, so I posted this as it I had already found the problem. Of course though this board is now broken so I guess it's closed.

Answer: NO
    You made the leap frog game, I was just responding to the posts in the order as they were listed. But now that I know your handle, I will not bother with them.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829