Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having trouble configuring my mouse with the with Linux. I have tried using the suseplugger in the system tray, but after it asks for root priviledges nothing happens (for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with Configuring External Mice

I'm having trouble configuring my mouse with the with Linux. I have tried using the suseplugger in the system tray, but after it asks for root priviledges nothing happens (for other things such as the monitor or the the sound card i am shown a screen with options). I have also tried configuring my mouse using the control center, but it whenever i test it, my laptop doesn't recognize the mouse. I am using 9.3 suse linux and have a Kensington PocketMouse Pro Wireless as well as a Logitech mouse (not sure on the model, but it comes with all Dell computers, not wireless). Both of these mice connect via a USB port. Any help would be appreciated. Additionally if you happen to find a solution, it would be appreciated if your response was dumbed down a couple of notches as I am fairly new to linux and haven't quite figured everything out. Thanks in advance.

Linux Newbie
    As my mouse is wireless I also had problems getting it to run as it does not pick it up automatically. I had to select it manually as a USB mouse in YAST and that works, just. The mouse movement is not smooth and it doesn't always recognise mouse clicks so a double-click normally ends up more like a quadruple click. My keyboard and mouse set is the "Creative Destop Wireless 6000" so if anyone can help me getting a more responsive cursor it would be most appriciated.
    The biggest security threat is the user.