Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am relatively new to Linux and I would like to learn and use Linux again but I dont know how to start. 1. Which Linux I have used ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

which computer is best for Linux?

Hi

I am relatively new to Linux and I would like to learn and use Linux again but I dont know how to start.

1. Which Linux I have used Redhat and susie 3-4 years ago but things have changed now. I need to use it in a server and connect some windows terminal to it.

2-Are there any books that specifically explained any distribution.

3-Ease of use of installation and configuration

4-Networking and need to use the internet so which is easy to use for that?

5- Is there any specific computer sytem and hardware that are recommended for Linux?

6-What about wirelss internet connection? is this possible with Linux and does it work with the conventional access points (routers)?

Thanks a lot.

Waleed

Linux Engineer
    If you used Redhat and SuSe, the easiest would be Fedora Core & SuSe... SuSe is great, I found Fedora Core far too buggy on some points. I like Gnome though.
    If you look on the internet you will find many guides.

For ease of installation, I recommend SuSE. The 9.2 version can be downloaded from the Novell Servers.

Networking & internet are no problem (samba and stuff) but for your wireless card you will have to do some effort If you're still looking for wireless hardware, check which adapters run best with Linux.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **