Find the answer to your Linux question:
Uggh, for a linux distro that's supposed to be "easy to use" it sure is a pain in the ass... my parents have purchased a new computer that came pre-loaded ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

printing in Linspire...

Uggh, for a linux distro that's supposed to be "easy to use" it sure is a pain in the ass...

my parents have purchased a new computer that came pre-loaded with Linspire 4.5 on it. After hooking up all the peripherals I went to the setup and supposedly setup all the peripherals. But the printer is being a total pain in the ass.

I've tried several times to get the printer to print stuff out, but to no avail- it WON'T PRINT ANYTHING! I've removed and re-installed it, i've switched from CUPS to LPD and back and forth, it won't print anything.

Specs:
    Linspire 4.5
    HP Deskjet 722c

I've used linux for almost 2 years now and I've never been this frustrated with a flavor before...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

If you go to www.google.com and www.google.com/linux you will find your not alone, it seems that model HP has problems in Winblows, Linux, and MAC.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829

Just Joined!
    Have you tried GIMP-Print drivers for CUPS? The only two drivers I've gotten to work with CUPS and an HP model are GIMP-Print and Gutenprint.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close