Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anybody manages to get a sparklan wl-682 working? I bought two of these (one running happily under windows) and unfortunately there are no linux drivers for this usb adapter. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SPARKLAN wifi

Has anybody manages to get a sparklan wl-682 working? I bought two of these (one running happily under windows) and unfortunately there are no linux drivers for this usb adapter.
    The company writes linux drivers for most of their hardware, but there isn't one for this unit. I should have checked more closely before buying I suppose. Trying to get it installed under mandriva, but can't suss out ndiswrapper yet. Still trying.

If it helps, the lsusb command under DSL reports this as having the address 09aa:1000. Have checked that at the compatibility pages of ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net , but it isn't in the list.

Any hints would be very welcome.

Thanks

Just Joined!
    I have the same problem with the same usb adaptor please anyone knows where the linux drivers for these adaptor are??

SparkleLAN WL-682 802.11g

Anyplace??

@ both of you.
    try using ndiswrapper and the windows drivers. Most usb based wireless cards that i have heard of require ndiswrapper to get running under linux.

Perhaps, you should try one of the newer versions of ndiswrapper, > 1.2 or even teh 1.4-rc series of ndiswrappers.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.