Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, just went out and bought a CL SB Live! 24-bit card for my Mandrake 10.1 box and went to install it. When I ran alsaconf, it did NOT detect ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Creative Labs and ALSA problems

Ok, just went out and bought a CL SB Live! 24-bit card for my Mandrake 10.1 box and went to install it. When I ran alsaconf, it did NOT detect the card, (either did a modprobe ca0106) so I thought, OK, I'll upgrade my alsa drivers and give it a go.

So I downloaded the new drivers (1.0.9b) and did the following successfully:

./configure --with-cards=ca0106

after that I told it to make and it returned an error. Something about an illegal unicode operator (&) in memalloc.c, line 52.

No matter what I try it's not compiling, and I can't seem to get it to work properly. I've got 5 more days until the return policy on the card expires, but I know that this one works in linux and I kinda want full capability from my (rather nice) 5.1 speakers. (Which my onboard doesn't support... )

Please help me fix this before I end up returning the card!!!

thanks

-bill

Whoops, almost forgot the vital stats:
    Kernel 2.6
    Mandrake 10.1
    alsaconf version 1.06
    amd athlon 2700+
    Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit.

Linux Newbie
    nevermind, now my system doesn't even detect the card, so I'm just going to return the damn thing.