Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had to reinstall linux becasue my hard drive died so I redownloaded and installed my ati drivers but I cant run 2 monitors, or get 3d power, make it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

More ATI Problems

I had to reinstall linux becasue my hard drive died so I redownloaded and installed my ati drivers but I cant run 2 monitors, or get 3d power, make it come up uer 9600 instesd of RV350 or whatever it was.

I would really love it if someone could help me out.

Just Joined!
    I need help on this or its back to windows for me.

9600 instesd of RV350 that is the chipset for the the 9600 card. in console run fglxgears and see if its doing anything if it ends abruptly it means 3d not working but if it is and you can see the 3d gears spinning it means its working. there is a configure process after you install that should have been on the linux driver download site that you can see all this on. start from here and see if you followed all the instructions:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27

so far i havent been able on slackware been able to get them to work but SUSE and Red Hat you shouldnt have too many problems there are some resources on how to get the multiple monitor support to work.

www.google.com/linux is another handy url
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557