Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I read up on RedStorm before I replied and it will protect you from going too far. The ram is the exact same as what I used in my system....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I read up on RedStorm before I replied and it will protect you from going too far. The ram is the exact same as what I used in my system.

OK, this is where I draw the line. My box just crashed on me while playing Counter-Strike on one of my best nights (playing with newbs, 40 frags and 1 death within minutes). The computer suddenly made the noise that it makes when it reboots but nothing was happening - a few seconds later the screen flickered, and I was at the bios screen bumping it down to a 2600+, that was just way to close for me. When I get the new RAM I *might* overclock my system but I dunno yet... besides that I should have my new AMD 64 by then anyways so I don't really see the need once I have that.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    This forum cracks me up, on one hand they preach on the evils of MS charging for their OS and then recommend against getting additional performance out of processor for free.
    No. I recommend against taking unneccessary risks with your hardware for what I see as a very minimal benefit. Some of us paid a good deal of money for our CPUs/motherboards/RAM and aren't so quick to risk frying all that just because we want an extra 200mHz. This, IMO, is just foolish.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    This forum cracks me up, on one hand they preach on the evils of MS charging for their OS and then recommend against getting additional performance out of processor for free.
    No. I recommend against taking unneccessary risks with your hardware for what I see as a very minimal benefit. Some of us paid a good deal of money for our CPUs/motherboards/RAM and aren't so quick to risk frying all that just because we want an extra 200mHz. This, IMO, is just foolish.
    Cheers for techieMoe.

I'm going next week to get an AMD 3500+ this way it's more efficient and it is much safer. Thanks for the help/advice guys.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Just Joined!
    so i read the entire forum's here.and for the most part your safe.the reason your computer reset itself's coulda been a couple of reason's.A ur comp got to hot.B the overclock is far to unstable and u need to just take it down a notch.in most case's it was just to hot and when u played css it froze it.(not to worry lol it won't kill over) most motherboards are designed to where if your cpu gets to hot it turns them off before they fry.i have,a athlon 4800+ 2gforce 7950s in sli and 2 gigs of pc3200.And i overclocked my cpu from stock 2.4ghz.all the way to 3ghz : ) keep playin u will find a stable speed and don't worry so much on blowing it up.It is designed to keep itself alive so to speak.And to comment on the remarks made by (you won't see much of a diffrence.) sure you will run 3dmark or any benchmarking program,if your overclocks are stable enough,you should notice huge diffrences. (Depending on how far you go). Good luck and happy OCING!

Also just noticed the last post was like made in 2005 in here,So don't i feel stupid? : )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3