Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I've been studying up on your motherboard and to be honest, I'm not sure you're gonna get sound at any rate in Linux since it's a high end piece of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've been studying up on your motherboard and to be honest, I'm not sure you're gonna get sound at any rate in Linux since it's a high end piece of specialized gamingware. The reviewers in this article felt it best to install a sound card for their testing. What they write is absolutely true. You're gonna have far better sound with an added pci sound card. I'd be prepared to consider a Soundblaster if your sound won't work. Soundblasters don't cost much, and most are effortlessly configured under Linux. I've used a Soundblaster Live! for years, gaming on line under Linux, and have been very satisfied with mine...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    well, that didn't work either, so maybe you're right... I think it would be easier to just buy a cheap soundblaster... do you recommend a particular card? just something cheap, basic and 100% sure it work with most of linux distros..

The thing is for now, did changing you into "groups" make the /dev/dsp error go away? I don't know the answer if you say, "that didn't work."

Check this page out...
    http://www.euronet.nl/~mailme/#bookmark1

An Audigy will cost more and may be a little more difficult to configure. If you can find a regular old soundblaster Live! I think you'll be more than satisfied.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    The thing is for now, did changing you into "groups" make the /dev/dsp error go away? I don't know the answer if you say, "that didn't work."

Check this page out...
    http://www.euronet.nl/~mailme/#bookmark1

An Audigy will cost more and may be a little more difficult to configure. If you can find a regular old soundblaster Live! I think you'll be more than satisfied.
    oh sorry, when I said "that didn't work" I meant that the kdeadmin package wasn't there, and changing to the audio group didn't work... The /dev/dsp error is gone, but I still have null sound output.
    Thanks for the link, I'll be looking for a soundblaster live!, see if I can finally get my sound working under linux.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3