Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi Has anyone had any experience with recoving Hardware that has been deemed unusable or blown up? my reasoning behind this post was because i recovered a motherboard that was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Amazing Hardware Recovery Stories

hi

Has anyone had any experience with recoving Hardware that has been deemed unusable or blown up?

my reasoning behind this post was because i recovered a motherboard that was deemed unusable by a computer technician that supposable got compleltly damaged by lightning.

ok, so maybe some of it got damaged. The mouse port and the Floppy disk comtroller dont work and the inbuilt video brings up a message in Mandrake saying that it has dual head configuration and the picture ends up going off the screen.

the motherboard was a PC Chips M571 (i only found that out yesterday)

so, has anybody recovered any unusable hardware ever?

thanks
    weed
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Audigy 2 has been a boat anchor for me until alsa and the 2.6 kernel. I actually took it out and shelved it until something came along that enabled me to use it. I'm now happily using my Audigy 2 in Slackware 10.1 with kernel 2.6.12.2, and loving it!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

something weird happened when i tried to run win98se after plugging in a PS/2 mouse (which works perfect under mandrake);

the mouse refuses to work! This proves all in all that linux is much better than windows if it cant even detect a mouse plugged in!
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--