Find the answer to your Linux question:
A couple questions. First, is there any way to ssh or remotely access this router without having to use the motorola web front end? I don't normally go into a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Motorola WR850g Router...

A couple questions. First, is there any way to ssh or remotely access this router without having to use the motorola web front end? I don't normally go into a gui desktop on my linux box, but lynx and links do not allow me to view the pages correctly. The router requires netscape or IE.

And, on the troubleshooting side, I have this router forwarding several ports to my linux box (ssh, pop, http, smtp) to name a few. I have recently been noticing that from time to time, I can no longer access my website. I can ssh into my box, which obviously means the router is online and routing correctly. When I go into the setup, everything looks fine. What I end up having to do is remove the forwarding rule and re-add it, then everything is cool again...

Don't know if anyone has a solution to that, but it is quite annoying!
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

Linux Newbie
    ive had the same problem with the port forwarding...it seems that mine will only forward the port in 24 hour "leases". I have to redo everything pretty much every 24 hours...
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

Man, that sucks...

I haven't had to do that, but over the last 6 months, I have had to redo the port forwarding about 4 or 5 times...

My solution so far is to open up WAN access, so if it does go down again, I can access it remotely and redo port forwarding...not the best solution, but it should be good enough for now.
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777