Find the answer to your Linux question:
This isn't so much a support query as a recommendation request. I'm looking for a new case, as my current one I picked up for less than 10. Ideally the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

New Case Recommendations

This isn't so much a support query as a recommendation request. I'm looking for a new case, as my current one I picked up for less than 10. Ideally the new one would have decent cooling capacity (preferably a 120mm fan and however many 80mm fans) and build quality. Thumb-screws and a mobo tray would also be lovely. Anybody got a particularly good case that they'd like to recommend, that fits these (roughly) specs?

Cheers,
    Dan
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

I have an Aspire X-Alien with an Antec 450W power supply. The X-Alien has thumb screws, a plexiglass window, a motherboard tray, and six green LED fans (2 front, 2 back, one side, one top). I've had no problem with heat using a Geforce 6800 and an AMD64.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    I've been very happy with my Antec Sonata:

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15138

The Antec Sonata is very popular, but it has a restrictive front intake which screams out to be modified. On http://www.silentpcreview.com/, the Sonata "front intake mod" is practically standard.

The Antec P180 offers a lot of features and a lot of cooling capability and well thought out airflow design. However, it's expensive and many consider it too big and heavy.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKuo
    The Antec P180 offers a lot of features and a lot of cooling capability and well thought out airflow design. However, it's expensive and many consider it too big and heavy.
    Thanks for mentioning that, I checked it out and I don't think I've seen such a high quality case before, that's definitely going on my shopping list.