Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, how's it going? I just got new computer, here are the hardware: - Intel Pentium4 540J 3.2Ghz 800Mhz - ASUS P5GD2-X - 1GB DDR2 RAM PC4200 533mhz - ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is this compatible? Please help!!

Hey everyone, how's it going?

I just got new computer, here are the hardware:

- Intel Pentium4 540J 3.2Ghz 800Mhz
    - ASUS P5GD2-X
    - 1GB DDR2 RAM PC4200 533mhz
    - Radeon x700 Pro 256Mb PCI-Express
    - Maxtor SATA 300Gb 7200rpm

I tried running halo in windows with the highest settings. it worked out fine. everything was great. Then I installed Suse 9.3 pro and expected to not work, but it worked out all right. I had to tweak the fglrx setting for my ati card. but when I opened up a flash game (ex. heliattack3), the flash game it self lagged like hell. and this simple 3D flying-simulation that's included with suse also lagged a bit when the settings are set to the highest.

so, my question is, is my new box compatible with suse 9.3? Are there any drivers/firmware that are required/(available) for it to run better? (in windows, the integraded lan card;marvell, couldn't even work without a driver)

Thanks a lot before hand for your time and suggestions!

Banned
    because you have an ati card, 3D graphics will not work. You can still do all the normal things in linux, but playing certain games and movies won't work. Just so you know this is not Linux's fault. ATI has refused to give out its cards' architectures, so we have not been able to write good 3D drivers for linux. If you are absoutely into games and movies, you want to check out some of the porjects GNU is working on to make stable 3D Drivers for ATI cards. Currently, there are only experimental 3D Drivers for ATI cards. You can use those at your own risk if you choose to take that path.