Find the answer to your Linux question:
I must use a USB modem, but I want to use Linux. I've tried slackware, knoppix, MEPIS, and DSL, but none of them work with USB modems. So does anybody ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB modems

I must use a USB modem, but I want to use Linux. I've tried slackware, knoppix, MEPIS, and DSL, but none of them work with USB modems. So does anybody have a suggestion for a distro that supports USB internet?

And more specifically, I don't have a modem, but I do use USB for my internet connection. I basically have a satelite connection, but it uses USB instead of ethernet... It's really annoying.
    So any help would be appreciated.

USB modems are not yet supported under Linux as far as I know. But, what do you mean you don't have an modem? as in an ethernet modem? You could check with the ISP and see if they have an modem with the ethernet connector.
    Research, research, research before you walk the plank.
    Registered Linux User #398829

Just Joined!
    my internet connection is really confusing, so I won't try to explain it, every time I do, people get confued and kittens die.

Getting a new internet connection isn't an option, it cost $100 to get an ethernet connection instead of USB.

thank you for your help though.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close