Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
thanks again v much for the help i got it working. i'm not excatly how i got the yoke working but it is so.... one last thing if the coputer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

thanks again v much for the help i got it working. i'm not excatly how i got the yoke working but it is so....

one last thing if the coputer gets to het from overclocking will it shut down automagicly? i king of worried cause i don't have a grafics card other than the onboard and i thought i may be anking a bit too much of it.

thanks again v much
    ps. some of those stickers are cOOl haha lol
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_red_hatter
    one last thing if the coputer gets to het from overclocking will it shut down automagicly?
    Yes, but it may be after the processor melts...
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Linux Newbie
    is there a way to have it before the proccessor melts?
    Thanks v much

Multi boot:

Just Joined!
    The newer CPU's come with a failsafe so that if they heat up too much the computer gets shut down. (or maybe it's a chipset feature?) Since you are using an AMD, don't let the CPU temp get above 60 degrees celcius. A good program for checking temperatures is aida32. Run a google search for it.

Linux Newbie
    thanks there is a thing on the bios about the computer stopping when it get too hot so..

one final thing (im just a box of problems and questiond but)
    i have everything running grand so i shift the computer over to my other computer and try to link them by LAN but i dont bother bringing the screen with me.. so i have the box shifted and i am using my dell screen. i plug in the LAN wires and i was setting it up. i then pulled the screen wire out of the back of my homemade one and put it into the dell to check a few things and whwn i go to put it back the screen doesn't work. it goes into standby. so i restart the home-made box i can see the bios loading the the xp loading screen then the screen goes into standby again. this only happens on the home made cause i put the wire back in to the dell and it works grand (they are running the same resolution and color and all) i don't get it. can anyone help?
    (sorry about the state of that writing, not fully thinking correct)

thanks again v much
    Thanks v much

Multi boot:

Just Joined!
    I can only think that when you plugged the monitor in that it tried to install a driver which is making the system unstable. Try booting in safe mode and deleting the monitor driver.

Linux Newbie
    thats exactly what i done and i got it running in 480x600 res.
    if it turn up the res anymore the screen just goes blank. will i reinstall the video drivers?
    Thanks v much

Multi boot:

Just Joined!
    Yea reinstall those.

Just Joined!
    I can't see where hot swappng the display would cause a prob, but try F8 during boot of the problem box, and load 'safe mode' to double chek the video drivers and such.

Linux Newbie
    yes i reinstalled them and she works i got the good res back and the games are running amazinly.
    thanks very much everyone for the help
    i have now built my own computer :rock:
    Thanks v much

Multi boot:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast