Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a computer with 2 hd's, hda (windows), hdd (debian), when i turn the computer on it has 2 lights, power, and harddrive light for windows, and they both ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Computer won't turn on much

i have a computer with 2 hd's, hda (windows), hdd (debian), when i turn the computer on it has 2 lights, power, and harddrive light for windows, and they both turn on, i don't know if that's supposed to happen, but it never did that before i installed linux, and anyway it comes up with the packard bell screen (this is a old ****** computer), and it has "Press [TAB] to see post screen. f2 to enter setup" and it will never get past this unless i press tab real quick, if i do get it right, it will go to grub, and ask me which os i want, so i decided to boot into windoze, but it won't load it goes "Loading windows 98" then freezes, if i restart the computer it works fine again, why is this?

Linux User

Installation... MBR?

I suppose you have installed your GRUB bootloader in /dev/hda... right?

If Winzozz freeze, I don't think it's a GRUB fault...

At the moment my windows installatio freeze because I have an additional PCI graphic card installed on my PC... maybe it is you case...
    When using Windows, have you ever told "Ehi... do your business?"
    Linux user #396597 (http://counter.li.org)