Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Okay I finally figured out my problem. I had a copy of xorg.conf in my home dir as a backup, and whenever I ran startx it seemed it was loading ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Okay I finally figured out my problem. I had a copy of xorg.conf in my home dir as a backup, and whenever I ran startx it seemed it was loading that copy and not the one in /etc/X11/ so any changes I made in /etc/X11/xorg.conf were basically being ignored. I removed the backup copy since I didn't really need it, and it works fine now.

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    I figured out my problem. I didn't have the correct usb drivers compiled into my kernel.

My usb mouse worked without them but the wheel would not! Strange. Oh well.

bd

Just Joined!

Which entry fixed your mouse?

Timander,

which forum entry fixed your mouse wheel in gentoo? I'm running 2004.2. It looks like I'm using xorg, but there isn't an xorg.conf file, just an xorg.conf.example.

Thanks for the help.

Just Joined!
    using older thread for same problem

wel i have the same problem and i already did what the thread said and it didnt work, what do i do?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=8145
    thats my mouse if it does any good. thanks!

edit: btw im using slackware 10.2 if it wasnt obvious enough. and the mouse is connected through ps/2 with a usb -> ps/2 adapter.

Just Joined!
    i have a microsoft intellimouse Optical 1.1A USB/PS/2 compatible and the scroll wheel doesn't work do i do the same thing as xlulux did?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3