Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just purchased a dual core pentium pc. I ran a gentoo live cd and did a lspci and found out that my modem and tv tuner card isnt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New PC

Hello, I just purchased a dual core pentium pc. I ran a gentoo live cd and did a lspci and found out that my modem and tv tuner card isnt supported. This is what it says.

1) Multimedia Controller: ATI Tech Inc: Unknown device (4d52)
    2) Communication Controller: Conexant: unknown device (2f20)

Any help getting these working with linux would be appreciated. I personally thinking of installing Gentoo. I visited a site called linuxant that deals with Conexant modems, but aparently you have to purchase the driver. I have been told that an externel modem is the best for linux, since it connects through seriel port, and no drivers needed, but if I can atleast get the tv tuner card to work, it would be nice.

Thanks...Tester.

As far as I know, external modems are better than internal 'winmodems'. You would probably have better luck with them.

Also, according to the rules, no cross posting is allowed:
    Cross posting is not permitted (ie, posting your question more than once in more than one forum section) - Please post your question ONLY once in the section you feel is most appropriate. Any duplicates will be removed without warning. If you post and dont receive a reply after 12 hours feel free to bump (post in the SAME thread) again. If you feel the need to bump a thread it can sometimes be helpful to include any more relevant information if you have any to hand
    Just a heads up for the future.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!

Apologize

hey Bryan,

Thanks for the response, forgot about the cross posting. I shall keep that in mind for the future.

tc

Tester.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close