Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, I just got 20 dollars, and I figure i'll spend it on a new soundcard (cheap, obviously) So, i was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sound card...

Well, I just got 20 dollars, and I figure i'll spend it on a new soundcard (cheap, obviously)

So, i was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions.
    What I'm looking for:

1. Something under 20 dollars
    2. Preferablly something i can buy locally (walmart, best buy, circut city, staples, target, etc.)
    3. Something supported very well by both the OSS and ALSA drivers. (If someone has a card, and has tested with both, that would be great)

Being in my price range, and having support under opensound system, and alsa are the most important.

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    sound blaster audigies are usually around that price range...I've used them on linux alot...and they usually are not that much of a pain...but they do work
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Wow the only ones i can find are like $60 +
    do you have any links, or specific cards you could name?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    i think he meant sound blaster lives.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    Go to tigerdirect.com, they have them listed as low as $6.99 plus shipping. One huge word of warning, and pay attention here: if you buy from tigerdirect, test the equipment before the 30-day warranty expires. I've gotten bad parts from them before.