Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux. I just setup the fedora 3 in my computer. But recently after I played with it for a while, I suddenly found I couldn't type ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

weird keyboard problem

I am new to linux. I just setup the fedora 3 in my computer. But recently after I played with it for a while, I suddenly found I couldn't type "l" and "a" into the terminal. But I had no problem using them in other applications like geditor, firefox etc. And if I su to root, there was not any single problem with these two keys. I thought this might have something to do with my local configuration. But I have no idea how to begin or what to check. I know there are a lot of gurus there. Hope somebody can give me some information. Any information is appreciated.

What exactly do you mean by terminal?
    Do you mean a terminal emulator running on top of an X Session ( i.e. xterm, rxvt, Konsole, etc. ) or a physical terminal ( /dev/ttyx ) that you access with Ctrl-Alt-F{1,2,3,4,5,6}?

Just Joined!
    Thank you for your reply. They didn't work in the bash shell and xterm etc.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    What about from a normal virtual terminal ( ctrl-alt-f{1,2,3...etc} )?

Just Joined!
    Thank you. I am using the microsoft wireless keyboard. I can't access the virtual terminal becasue the F keys seemed to be disabled. And I don't know other ways to access it.