Find the answer to your Linux question:
i just discovered that when Amarok's playing my PC won't recognise my USB MP3 player. It has to be manually mounted via a 'mount -t vfat...' command but if i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

USB vs. Amarok

i just discovered that when Amarok's playing my PC won't recognise my USB MP3 player. It has to be manually mounted via a 'mount -t vfat...' command but if i try this when Amarok's playing something i get a 'special device /dev/sda does not exist' error.

If i stop Amarok it mount perfectly.

Can anyone think why this might be?
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

Did you mark the mountpoint as one of the directories that Amarok scans recursively for the collection? If it is checked uncheck it. Though it does sound more serious if the device name is not being created.

Nope, Amarok only scans the /mnt/music directory, the mountpoint is over in /media.

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

Is there excessive CPU usage from Amarok? There used to be some problems coming from the collection rescan and performance.

Is amaroK perhaps trying to access the device? There is the tab on the left for 'Media Device'.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Is there excessive CPU usage from Amarok? There used to be some problems coming from the collection rescan and performance.
    Nope, minimal. i've turned off the 'watch folders for changes' option so CPU usage is negligable.

www.psypherpunk.org.uk