Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
here was the one i downloaded.... Linux Display Driver - IA32 Version: 1.0-7676 Operating System: Linux IA32 Release Date: August 9, 2005 also, i read on the textfile included that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

here was the one i downloaded....

Linux Display Driver - IA32

Version: 1.0-7676
    Operating System: Linux IA32
    Release Date: August 9, 2005

also, i read on the textfile included that GF2 MX 400 is still supported by this installer..
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

Hmm ok, I still think you should edit xorg so that it is screen0 rather than screen1. The exact details are in the nvidia readme file. It even states that screen1 is for the twinview setups only.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Linux Newbie
    hmmm so if il change it to screen0..wt would i place in below it ? (device)
    P4 1.8, 1G DDR ram, 64mb GF2 MX400, 80G WD and 40G Maxtor, ECS mobo. Playing XP,Slack 12.0 and Vector Linux 5.8 GOLD, STD 6.0 Zenwalk 4.6.1, OpenBSD 3.9

card0 should be a logical choice. All of these options can be found by reading nvidia's readme file, or by running xorgconfig as root.

Linux Newbie
    whew!!! thanks guys...!! it worked... BUT.. y does my screen appears to be indented ? i cant maximize the whole screen if i open some applications??

(it looks like that my screen is on the middle.. with 2 margins (black area )on the sides

cn someone help me on this? here is my xorgconfg ::

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Nvidia GeForce 2"
    Driver "nvidia"
    #VideoRam 65536
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Screen 0"
    Device "Nvidia GeForce 2"
    Monitor "AOC"
    DefaultDepth 24

Subsection "Display"
    Depth 8
    Modes "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
    ViewPort 0 0
    EndSubsection

Section "ServerLayout"

# The Identifier line must be present
    Identifier "Simple Layout"

# Each Screen line specifies a Screen section name, and optionally
    # the relative position of other screens. The four names after
    # primary screen name are the screens to the top, bottom, left and right
    # of the primary screen. In this example, screen 2 is located to the
    # right of screen 1.

Screen "Screen 0"

hmm where could i configure my nvidia driver? ? ? in xorgconf ? or did it installed a GUI for configs?

ALSO WHY I CANT SEE THE TWINVIEW OPTIONS, AND OTHER TWEAK OPTIONS IN MY XORGCONFIG AS STATED IN THE READ ME FILE?? HMM DOES THIS MEAN I WAS WRONG DURING THE INSTALLATION? ?? PLEASE HELP..

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by icedtea
    (it looks like that my screen is on the middle.. with 2 margins (black area )on the sides
    That would be a sign that the driver installation actually worked. The default nvidia screen placement is different than default generic driver screen placement. Just adjust the size/placement of the screen on your monitor (hopefully there will be buttons on the monitor )

ALSO WHY I CANT SEE THE TWINVIEW OPTIONS, AND OTHER TWEAK OPTIONS IN MY XORGCONFIG AS STATED IN THE READ ME FILE?? HMM DOES THIS MEAN I WAS WRONG DURING THE INSTALLATION? ?
    It will only show up if your card has twinview, i.e. 2 analog/digital output ports.

Linux Newbie
    nyerk.. if that's the case... hmmm i can't have twinview?? oh bad... - w8 how can i check if i can use twinview? where will i start?

to iXmIo : hmm yeah my monitor has.. uhm a question.. : if il adjust the screen size for my LINUX box using the monitor..will it affect the screen size of my WINDOWS os? thanks a lot.. newbie here... (coz i fear that if il change my screen size for linux... the arrangement for windws will also be altered...

- w8 how can i check if i can use twinview? where will i start?
    See the manual which came with your card. Also look at the back of the card to see if there are two outputs.

if il adjust the screen size for my LINUX box using the monitor..will it affect the screen size of my WINDOWS os
    Yes. Just find a setting which works well with both Windows and Linux.

Linux Newbie
    a BIG THANKS... but i fear iv thrown d box of my vdcard.. that was year 2002 then..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast