Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know where I can get a VOIP phone that will work on linux? Im running debian based mepis linux. A portable phone or a desktop would work fine. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

VOIP phone that will work on linux

Does anyone know where I can get a VOIP phone that will work on linux? Im running debian based mepis linux. A portable phone or a desktop would work fine. I have skype and gizmo installed on my machine.

This is the only place I've found so far,

http://www.echostore.com/skype-phone-mobile.html

I wrote to them about it and they told me it only worked on fedora linux. Linux is pretty much the same under the hood, right? Could this also work on other distro's?

What is everyone else using??
    Registered Linux user #388374
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
    Albert Einstein, (1879 - 1955)

Linux Newbie
    I have one working. I bought it from maplins for 14. It didnt say it supports linux, but it kinda works.

Skype is a bit of a nightmere, I had to do some weird stuff with alsa to get it to work, but I can provide my conf file if it helps....

Linux Newbie
    yeah, i would like to take a look at it. My skype works fine as long as no other app is using the sound card, skype wants it all to itself. I have a mic hooked up, it works ok but still has some feedback thru the speakers after alot of tweaking. I was wanting to get the skypein with a number and voice mail, or the gizmo equal.
    Registered Linux user #388374
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
    Albert Einstein, (1879 - 1955)