Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Forum I have two hardisk, one IDE and the other is SCSI. I have installed linux suse 9 and use /dev/hda1 for / /dev/hda2 for /usr /dev/sda1 for /home/xxxx ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to load SCSI automatictly

Hi Forum

I have two hardisk, one IDE and the other is SCSI. I have installed linux suse 9 and use
    /dev/hda1 for /
    /dev/hda2 for /usr
    /dev/sda1 for /home/xxxx
    /dev/sda3 for /home

I don't have problem during the instalation BUT while i restart my computer, Linux cannot mount my SCSI automatictly. So every time I restart my computer i must mount SCSI manually. And my data on which SCSI is mounted are gone.

Any one have some idea to solve this problem? much appreciate

Best regard

Linux Newbie
    You will have to modify your modules.conf file to autoload the modules usbcore, ehci-hcd, scsi_mod, usb-storage and sd_mod so your SCSI drive can be mounted and make available your /home partitions. If this doesn't work then, you will have to compile a new initrd image by using the following line:
    mkinitrd --preload=usbcore --preload=scsi_mod --preload=ehci-hcd --preload=scsi_mod --preload=usb-storage --preload=sd_mod <new-initrd-image-name with location> <your-kernel-version>
    Don't forget to include any other modules you might need to boot your system using the --preload= construct.